Sunday, August 9, 2009

James' 22nd Alphabet Party

This Saturday started off really good. I was able to sleep in for a bit and have yogurt & muesli for breakfast…my favorite. Later Mark grabbed me, Kelly & Lisa to head down to The Square for a coffee. It is pretty awesome that there is a Gloria Jean’s in the Square…a little taste of home. We shopped around for vital components to our outfits for the Alphabet Party later that night. It was our friend, James’ 22nd Birthday Party. He assigned everyone who planned on attending a letter and you had to dress up as something that began with your letter. I was going to be an angel, Lisa a Fairy, Kelly had U so was going to be an umbrella and we decided Mark should be a Pedophile. Lisa & I found wings for our outfits, Kelly found an umbrella, and Mark found a small doll, candy, and had a newspaper to help him be a bit creepier.

We stopped by Cole’s to pick up a few necessity groceries that turned out to be more than necessities. We got lucky and were able to hop on a bus to Orion College for only $1.20. Some of the groceries I picked up were to make a chocolate/peanut butter trail mix. The recipe was from Ford…he had made it when we climbed Mount Warning and it was delicious so I thought I would try it out. It was alright, but the next time I make it I’m gonna use some larger oats. F.Y.I.


Soon it was time to start getting ready. I hopped in the shower, made some avocado, broccoli, and cheese sandwich melts for dinner and grabbed Kelly before heading down to 3 to pick up a black tie for her outfit. She changed her mind from being an umbrella to being Usher/Gangster. It was pretty awesome…she looked like a little gangster in Wellzy’s clothes and shoes…junk grab and all. We went up to grab Lisa & Peta, hung out at 3 for a bit longer playing card games then went over to 15 for the Alphabet Party. It was really fun because a lot of people got into it and dressed up. There were knights, clowns, a pack of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, a showgirl, another angel, a Greek goddess, Aphrodite, a rock star, a black cat and many others who I forget, but they were all very good!


We played a few rounds of Flip Cup before heading downtown, wings and all. Dallas drove us down in Peta’s car because he is only 17 [drinking age = 18]. We had a pretty good time dancing at The Standard before heading over to Mary’s. I was afraid we would not get in because after 12 or 12:30 they stop letting people in and it was getting close to that time, but we made it!


While we were standing in line, 2 boys cut in front of us and I started to give them a hard time…one guy was already in, so I said whatever to the second guy and let him go. It was awesome cause once we were in we decided to go up a level to the nightclub inside Mary’s called “The One” and the guy who cut in front of me was going up there as well. Wait a minute…I wasn’t interested…but what was awesome was that he offered to pay for me to get in [$10!] and even bought me a drink. I didn’t talk to him for long though…us girlies headed off for the dance floor…a good escape!


I shared a piece of pizza with Peta before Gord came down to pick us [Rob, Lisa, Kelly, Mark, Peta, Alex and I] up. Being the nice girl that I am, I offered everyone to come back to mine for some really good trail mix, but before the Boys came up top my apartment, it was gone…devoured by Alex, Peta, Lisa, & I…though there wasn’t much to begin with…and it was kinda crummy. So I ended up finding some cheese, ham, and crackers for the Boys to have. Lloyd and Tony ended up joining us for all the fun. I was kinda worried we were being too loud…my roommate Ashley had stayed home and already went to bed & didn’t want to wake her so we went across to Kelly & Tony’s. For some reason Rob was dressed in all white, had a brown suit jacket on and was carrying around a tennis racket. I think he may have changed back into his Alphabet Party getup…guessing he was a tennis star?


Overall, it was a fun night.

No comments:

Post a Comment