Sunday, August 9, 2009

Library Cram Session

Sunday was also a relaxing day…slept in a bit…lounged with everyone by the pool…had a sandwich. After the sun went down around 3:30 [keeps getting later…that is awesome!], I ran into Alex & Sandra who were on their way to the Lismore Showgrounds to work for $12/hour. All they had to do was package books, DVDs, and CDs into cardboard boxes. They asked me if I wanted to come along because Cathy wasn’t planning on going anymore. Lisa was going along too.

At first I wasn’t going to, but I knew I had nothing better to do so I joined the group. The company we worked for were in Lismore for 2 weeks, selling copies of books, DVDs and CDs at discount prices. Most items were a bit older, a few relatively new. They go town to town around Australia setting up shop in a large shed, on fairgrounds to sell their items. Their next stop is Rock Hampton. We worked from 4:00 to 10:00 and had a ½ hour break for dinner at 7:00. We hopped in Alex & Sandra’s car and went for food at Mackers. The time actually went by pretty fast and before you knew it we were getting paid $66 for 5 ½ hours of work…pretty awesome!


Monday I tried starting my day off early at 7:30 am, but that mission was unsuccessful. Instead I shot out of bed around 8:30 went for a good run, swung by the international office to check my mail and found a package waiting for me!! I was so excited! It was pretty heavy, so that’s where my run ended. I also found a letter from my Grandma in there as well…Sweet!


After trucking up Orion Hill with my new arrivals, I tore into them once I got into my room. My awesome Mother had sent me a bunch of little things as well as some DVDs, my newly fixed camera, a recipe book, some photos, a Huge bag of red licorice and socks.


My plan for the day was to shut myself into the library to get a bunch of assignments done and caught back up in my finance class. I hurried through a shower and a breakfast of eggs, raspberry toast, and orange/mango juice. Since Mark made dinner Friday night, I returned the favor and brought breakfast over to him. That may have been a bad idea…keep reading…will explain.


Finally I made it to the library around 10:45…not too bad. However, I did not actually step into the building until noon…I called home and chit-chatted with my Mother for quite some time. Monday mornings are usually a good time for me to call home…my empty morning with no classes and they are home on a Sunday night…nice! I made the library my home until 1:00 when I met Lisa & Mark for lunch in the Plaza. As we were heading down from the library, we saw a huge lizard. I was pretty pumped to have my camera with me and actually be able to take my own photos with my own camera! A Bangkok wrap from Wrap City sounded pretty good, though they are always huge and really messy. Oh well. We had a little bit of Mark’s sushi too; it was actually pretty decent.


The 3 of us finished a bunch of errands around campus…grabbed receipts from the bank, checked our mail, and Mark made a doctor’s appointment cause he wasn’t feeling too good…then went back to the library for some study. I managed to crank out a reflection paper for Outdoor Ed and got a bunch of articles read for class as well. The library was getting the best of us so we took a 20 minute break at 5:00, had a muesli bar to reenergize then went back another time for one last round.


Orion was calling us back at 7:30 for dinner and we were beginning to hate the library so we bolted out of there. We came back to mine for pasta, green beans, oranges with yogurt, and orange/mango juice as well as licorice for dessert! During dinner we listened to the new arrival of a Dane Cook CD and it was hilarious. After dishes were done, I locked myself up in my room to finish even more homework and work on my blog. I ended up getting quite a bit of stuff done…a lot of it was small things here & there, but had been on my to-do list for some time. I also went through a few too many cups of coffee and ended up staying up all night…oh well! While I was busy at work on my stuff, Mark called to say the doctor told him he may have Swine Flu. Great. Hopefully that is not the case….I’m keeping my fingers crossed!

No comments:

Post a Comment